02 Jul Knowing God’s Will
Do you know what GOD’S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE IS?
Do you know how to find out what GOD’S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE IS?
This week’s BLOG explores these important questions.
So read on and find out……
If you want to follow God then knowing His will for your life is so important.
A good starting point then would be to think about how well do you know God?
Because the more you know God the more you will recognise His voice when He’s speaking to you.
BROADLY SPEAKING THERE’S:
KNOWING GOD’S WILL IN THE GENERAL
This is more related to how we should live our lives as Christians and being part of the family of God. The Bible is full of advice on this.
For example we are called to be like lights shining in dark places. So if you see a friend of yours that’s in trouble for example, you know it would be God’s will to go and help them.
In fact the more we know God by finding out about Him, the more likely we are to know His will and recognise His voice. This is especially true when it comes to hearing God about the specifics.
KNOWING GOD’S WILL IN THE SPECIFICS
I don’t mean you should ask God what to have for breakfast but you can involve Him in lots of decisions-especially the big ones. When it comes to making choices about the steps you take in your life such as choosing subjects for exams, university courses, career choices or even the friends you make, you’re more likely to be successful and realise your destiny if you seek God about it. So how do you do that?
Basically if you want to seek God and KNOW GOD’S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE, you need to SPEND TIME WITH HIM. Here’s some ways you can do that.
1. READ THE BIBLE and think about what your read.
Here’s a little guide for teenagers on reading the Bible:
2. PRAY-Have a conversation and talk to Him.
3. HEAR THE VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – Have a conversation and listen to Him.
God speaking to us through the Holy Spirit is often just like thoughts in our head but we just have this inner peace in our hearts that helps us know it’s Him.
This short film illustrates how sometimes we need to shut out all the other stuff and just take some time to listen to God. He is speaking to us: a lot.
4. ASK OTHER PEOPLE WHO KNOW GOD FOR ADVICE –It’s always a good idea to get advice from others who are spiritually mature. When it comes to hearing God and making a decision. I will often run my thoughts by people I respect – this can be your parents, a youth leader, a friend or a pastor – depends of course on your age.
5. GOD CAN SPEAK TO US THROUGH CIRCUMSTANCES–If God needs to speak to us about something and we are listening, He will make a way even if we don’t feel very confident about being able to hear Him. God can speak to us through anything. This can be our particular circumstances, where He might open or close a door but it could also be through music, people, films or even nature and creation. Hannah mentions this briefly in Team Talk.
Ninette Steenkamp shares her testimony of how she waited on God for an answer to follow His will in selecting a university for her studies after school.
This next clip is a funny look at what happens when you’re not prepared for an exam.
It’s obviously important to prepare for our exams or tests: how much more so should we prepare for life by spending time with God and discovering what His will is for us?
Right then, our Team Talk presenter this week is…Hannah!
FRIDAY NIGHT YOUTH ONLINE was great! I so enjoyed it. Our next Zoom meeting will be July 17TH 7:30 pm. If you need more details regarding the Zoom invite contact the church office.
VCC YOUTH CHALLENGE Can you create a sandwich with your favourite filler in 10 secs-and film it? It could be a hidden talent! That’s the challenge set by Jon at the last meeting. Videos to be sent to the church office please.
Here’s episode FIVE of PRANKS WITH PAP-ENJOY!
And finally remember to not only find out what God’s will is but go and do it.
Success is discovering and doing the will of God for your life!
“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8
Have a great week.
Claire and the VCC Youth Team